Saturday, June 21, 2008

Just up and down

I haven't been blogging much recently. Bright Eyes keeps making small gains, but then has bad days where he consistently scripts and runs videos through his head.

Right now he's in the bath with his sister. It's the first time he's been washed in at least three weeks. I tricked him into getting in and now he won't get out...

Church is not fun with him. He just can't sit still, he's not interested in the story and he'd rather be climbing in and out of cupboards or going through my bag to see what I have to eat. I do find Sundays hard.

I still think RDI is great. We watched another lecture by Dr. Gutstein on the RDI site the other day. We keep learning more about autism and about remediation. One day I'll be really organized and try to put a summary of some of this up.

2 comments:

lusi said...

Hi Cecily :)
We find church hard too most weeks. One of us has to regularly take our ds out to the foyer during the worship time (the band is a little too loud and overwhelming for him) and then during creche time where they have a craft/story sometimes its just too much while other times he can stay and participate right to the end!
I really enjoy reading your posts :)
Lusi x

Cecily said...

Hi nice to meet you. I looked at your blog and you have some amazing scrap booking. I'm always impressed by how creative people are. Do you do RDI?